Download Child Protection Policy here.
Download Code of Behaviour here.
Download the Enrolment Policy incl. Enrolment Form here.
Leckaun National School
Privacy Notice to Parents / Guardians
By enrolling in and attending Leckaun National School you acknowledge that your personal data (including special category personal data) will be processed by Leckaun National School. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to better inform you of
- Who we are
- What personal data we collect about you and your child who is enrolled and attends our school
- How and why we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- The reasons why we share your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- Your rights as a Data Subject – the person about whom we collect and store personal data
If you need more information, please see our Data Protection Policy available at leckaunns.ie
Who we are:
We are Leckaun National School
Our address and contact details are Leckaun, Via Sligo, Co. Leitrim 0719164569
We provide primary education
For further information, see our Data Protection Policy available at leckaunns.ie
The information we collect about you:
The personal data we collect can include information about your identity and contact details; images/photo; family details; admission/enrolment details; previous schools; academic progress; PPS number; special educational needs; nationality; language; religion; medical data; information about behaviour and attendance; information about health, safety and welfare; financial information (re payments for books, tours etc); and other personal data.
Further details of the data we collect about you can be found in our Data Protection Policy.
How and why we use your information and the legal basis
We use your personal data for purposes including:
- your application for the enrolment of your child
- to provide your child with appropriate education and support
- to monitor your child’s academic progress
- to care for your child’s health and well-being
- to care for our staff and pupils
- to process grant applications and other funding
- to coordinate, evaluate, fund and organise educational programmes
- to comply with our legal obligations as an education body
- to comply with our monitoring and reporting obligations to Government bodies
- to process appeals, resolve disputes, and defend litigation etc.
For further information on what data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and the legal basis for same, please go to our Data Protection Policy available at leckaunns.ie
Who we share your information with
We share your personal data with third parties, including other Government bodies.
This includes the Department of Education and Skills, NCSE, TUSLA, An Garda Síochána, HSE, the Department of Social Protection, the Revenue Commissioners etc.
The level of sharing and the nature of what is shared depend on various factors. The Government bodies to which we transfer your personal data will use your personal data for their own purposes (including: to verify other information they already hold about you, etc.) and they may aggregate it with other information they already hold about you and your family. We also share your personal data with other third parties including our insurance company and other service providers (IT providers, security providers, legal advisors etc.), We are legally required to provide certain records relating to the progress of a pupil (under 18 years) in his/her education to the pupil’s parents/guardians, including results of assessments.
For further information on who we share your data with, when and in what circumstances, and why, please see our Data Protection Policy available at leckaunns.ie
We do not transfer your personal data to a third country or international organisation
We do not engage in automated decision making/profiling
How long we hold your child’s data
- Some personal data is only kept for a short period e.g. data no longer needed will be safely destroyed at the end of an academic year
- Some data we retain for a longer period e.g. enrolment forms are retained in the school until your child reaches 25 years of age
- Some data is never destroyed e.g. Roll Books and School Registers
For further information on the retention periods, please go to our Data Protection Policy available at www.leckaunns.ie
You have the following statutory rights that can be exercised at any time
- Right to complain to supervisory authority
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object and automated decision making/profiling
For further information, please see our Data Protection Policy available at www.leckaunns.ie
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Principal by phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.