The internet is an invaluable resource for your child's education but only when used appropriately.
For more information please consult webwise.ie
A parents' guide to new media technologies click here
Webwise 10 top tips for parents
- Discover the internet together.
- Agree with your child rules for internet use.
- Encourage your child to be careful when disclosing personal information.
- Talk about the risks associated with meeting online friends.
- Teach your child that not all information on the internet is correct.
- Remember that it is not always their fault if they come across inappropriate content on the web.
- Report online material that you think may be illegal to appropriate authorities (e.g www.hotline.ie)
- Encourage respect for others (such as posting comments on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ etc.)
- Know your child's internet use.
- Remember that the positives outweigh the negative aspects of the internet.
A brochure containing these tips can be accessed here.
- No child will ever be named alongside a photograph on this website
- In this blog you will find links to external websites. Although we do make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, our school cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.